Saturday 15 March 2014

Its been a while since I last posted and that's mainly because I've returned from the film festival and settled back into 'normal' life, including university studies.

The trip back from the film festival was fairly straightforward, with a trip to Riverwood Downs near Barrington Tops to check it out as a future venue for Horizons Unlimited. It looks like a great venue but I won't write about that yet as the negotiations are underway. An overnight stop at Nambucca Heads Motel was great; it is right on the river and I would be very happy to stop there again.

On Saturday I rode out to Beaudesert and beyond to do some groundwork for our HU event in October. This promises to be the best ever but there is still a bit of work to make sure that this promise is delivered. Hopefully several local motocycle shops in Beaudesert and Jimboomba come on board as vendors and have displays.

Once the chatting was over, it was up through the hinterland, across to Canungra and lunch at the Outpost Cafe. After that, the backroads to Nerang and onto the highway to home. I didn't diverge to Mount Tamborine, which I regret and whilst the backroads are great, I encountered quite a few slow and dangerous car drivers, always a downer. If I diverged, maybe I would have enjoed the great roads and views a lot more and been inspired to take a few photos. Ah well, next time.