Tamworth 8 June 2007

There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing ...

Friday 8 June 2007

Left home on a beautiful day, cool clear weather and decided to head south over one of the most scenic parts of this area, the Border Ranges. I have travelled through this many times by car and thought it should make the trip to Tamworth just that little bit longer, but a whole lot more enjoyable.

Wrong.

First, over the Border Ranges, there is leaf litter everywhere. Lacking confidence I slowed down significantly. By the time I hit Tenterfield, I was over an hour behind schedule.

I also learnt another valuable lesson. When you travel in higher altitudes, it gets COLD. Now I already knew this, but had ignored this whilst planning. and thus was not really prepared for very cold temparatures. Things got worse when nature decided that this was the weekend to open up and try to break the drought. To the east of me, parts of the coastline were soaked and I had the pleasure of riding through my first ever snowstorm.

Anyhow, to cut a long story short come about 8:00 PM I was trying to sign into my motel but mild hypothermia had set in and I could not hold the pen. Ah well, a nice warm room, lots of hot tea and a TV and I was set for the evening. The next day, Tamworth's famous Powerhouse Motorcycle Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I'll be sure to read your comments as well.

Thanks,

Shane