Days 10 and 11 - Ride home - 27, 28 Feb 2012

Off on the bike to Dan's place in Canberra. Sublime riding through the Alpine region and up the Hume. Thought about going across to Jindabyne but one look at the sky dashed all thoughts of that. Good decision it turned out as the next week the area flooded.

Spent the night in Canberra with Dan, his wife Alison and their great five children, watched one of the DVDs from the film festival "Off the Rails".

The next day Dan asked me how far do you think you will ride today. I said that last time I made it to Coffs Harbour and hoped to do better than that, perhaps 1,000 kilometres.

Well I got to 1,000 kms, just past Ballina and things were going well so I said to myself, "Well what else are going to do?" So I rode home; 1,241 kilometres in one day. My butt was sore for the next three days, but there you have it. Job done. Start thinking about the next trip now!